POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP : WIP Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  WIP
From: Bill Hails
Date: 11 May 2005 17:05:22
Message: <4282738c@news.povray.org>
Hi, back to basics.

Lathes and procedural textures/materials

1. I have no idea yet how to mould a handle and a spout
onto the teapot, but I hope I'll figure something out.

2. There's something not quite right about the china, too
"soft"? but I don't know how to improve it.

3. I'm quite happy with the wood texture, but I could take
it further.

4. I realise the bubble in the tea looks fake, I'll work more
on that.

My big question is, I'd like to get some turbulence and
variation in the colour of the tea, especially around the
tea leaves, due to convection, but again I'm at a loss.

I'd appreciate any helpful criticisms, I can post source
for the textures if anyone's interested.

--
Bill Hails
http://thyme.homelinux.net/

Post a reply to this message